We are looking for a lead developer
To apply for this job, please send us an email with CV and links to your portfolio / works / projects (commissioned and personal).
Contribute to the design of advanced information visualisation solutions that bridge the widening gap between abstract data and user needs. Invent new visual and interactive patterns with us, in order to bring clarity out of data and provide new ways of approaching complex figures.
You are convinced that the Data Era has just begun, and you wish to be part of the revolution of Human-Data interactions.
Life at Dataveyes
Based in Paris, France, Dataveyes is a user experience company made of passionate people. We are a young and self-funded business. This allows us to freely shape our processes and refine our business practices. We specialize in data visualisation works and smart interfaces. Our driving belief and vision is all about telling stories from data.
Our past successes result from the closely intertwined mix of our skills, from statistics to information architecture, interface development, media strategy and interaction design. We are looking for talented people who would further improve to raise the ability of the team to build inspiring projects.
Responsibilities will include
- Designing the technical architecture of data-oriented applications, from data transformation and management to interfaces
- Working closely with the front-end engineer to develop those applications
- Defining strategies and processes to build high-value technology components
- Documenting your work and making it understandable for the rest of the team and clients when requested
- Passionate about user experience, interfaces & great attention to details
- Fluent in web development, database design and RESTful architecture
- Experience of server-side technology (PHP, Ruby, Python, or Scala)
- Extensive database knowledge (MySQL, REDIS, MongoDB, or PostgreSQL)
- Skills in sys admin & versioning system (Git)
- Previous experiences working in team a environment with limited supervision
- High abilities to get things done before the deadline
- Sharp understanding of data visualisation principles
- Experience of web-based visualisation technologies (D3, Raphaël, Processing.js)
- Knowledge in Geographical Information Systems (PostGIS)
- Mobile development knowledge (iOS)
- Agility with WebGL library like Three.js
- Familiar with Node.js